People won’t tell you the correct, complete steps of a business process.
They will tell you how it should be. Or they describe everything that goes wrong.
Getting accurate process documentation means sitting with people and watching them; this is time and resource intensive.
Thanks to process mining tools, the process of process capture is getting easier.
Microsoft’s Process Advisor, released last week in preview, helps automation teams document business processes across teams in 5 steps.
1. Create: Identify the process that want to document
2. Share: Invite colleagues to collaborate and add recordings
3. Record: Record the actions either you or your colleagues take
4. Annotate/Edit: Remove sensitive information and group actions into activities
5. Analyse: Generate a process map for analysis, plan your automation
Tools like this provide a framework for value identification and for automating automation; profound digital transformation.